Prof. Idiong Cristopher Idiong
Ph.D (MOUAU) Agric Economics
M.Sc. (Calabar) Agric Economics
B.Agric. (Hons) (Calabar) Agric Economics & Extension
Prof. Idiong is an erudite scholar who holds a PhD degree in Agricultural Economics, University of Calabar. He has been working in the University of Calabar for about 15 years as a teacher/Researcher and Consultant on Socioeconomic studies. As a researcher, he has published profusely in learned foreign and international journals. He is a member of a number of professional associations including, Nigerian Economic Society, Nigerian Environmental Society, Nigerian Society for Biological Conservation and the Farm Management Association of Nigeria. He is married with 3 children.
- Field enumerator and data analyst in the study on the socio-economic impact of the activities of the Cross-River State Agricultural Development Programme (CRADP) on farmers in the State. Sponsored by Cross River State ADP in 2000.
- Zonal field enumerator in charge of Ikot Ekpene senatorial zone, Akwa Ibom State, for Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Master plan project: Agricultural enterprise survey, carried out by GTZ/IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria in 2003.
- Socio-economist on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Bunyia-Akatom Dam project in Cross River State commissioned by the Cross River Basin Development Authority, Nov. 2006.
- Socio-economist: Socio economic impact assessment of Okurikang and Creek Town Potable Water supply projects in Cross River State commissioned by AESIL. May 2007.
- Socio-economist: Environmental Impact Assessment for the rehabilitation of Odukpani and Yakurr urban Water Schemes in Cross River State, Nigeria. Through Ekpe Ara and Partners, for EU Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Reform Programme, August, 2008.
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Urban Water Rehabilitation Project in Cross River State. Financed by the European Union. August, 2008.
- Socio-economist on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Ibiono Ibom Dam project in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria commissioned by the Cross River Basin Development Authority, 2008.
- Socio-economist on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Biakpan, Etono and Ikun Water Works project in Cross River State commissioned by the Cross-River Basin Development Authority, Nov 2008.
- Lead Consultant (Socio-cultural Studies). Feasibility Study on Appropriate Latrine Options for Riverine Communities in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria sponsored by the National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria, December, 2008.
- Socio-economist on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Oderegha Water Supply project in Obubra, Cross River State commissioned by Cross River Basin Development Authority, Dec 2009.
- Socio-economist on Environmental Impact Assessment of the Ogada Irrigaton/ Drainage and flood control project in Ogada 1, Obubra, Cross River State through NSECAL for Cross River Basin Development Authority, Nov 2010.